Thursday, September 09, 2004

September 10 - 11, 2004

Last weekend, I got an education in commuting to and from the parties in San Francisco. I live about 35 miles (56 km) south of the city. On Sunday, I headed up to Devotion, a weekly at The End Up, at the request of a friend. Turns out she had plans to stay in the city (instead of heading south like she usually does), so I caught SamTrans 397 home. Not only was the bus on time, it was pretty fast (I thought it would be 2.5 hours). Armed with the knowledge that I can catch the bus at 20 after the hour through the small hours of the morning, I can go out whenever and wherever I feel like. So, without further ado, here is what I might do this weekend.

Friday night (September 10)
I’ve been invited to a party in San José, which I might attend. Christian Intrigue and Danny Evans are spinning at a place called Blue Monkey at San Fernando and South First.

It looks like Om is returning to Remedy with monthly in October and this Friday’s party features Ben Watts in a special event. Expect this cover to be about $20 a head, but also expect it to go off.

Saturday night (September 11)
In a strange stroke of circumstances, the party I’m most interested in this weekend is on Saturday night. This party is called Fool Us Twice? and is at DNA Lounge. A politically-oriented party, this shindig features a serious line-up — Ming & FS (live), Miss Honey Dijon, M3, Dano, Michael Tello, Ren the Vinyl Archaeologist, and more. This party will go into the very wee hours and only costs $5. I know where I’m gonna be.

So, where are you gonna be?