Tuesday, July 06, 2004

July 8 - 11, 2004

Thursday night (July 8):
There are a couple of possibilities in two cities on Thursday night.
First is Velvet Shop, the long-running house weekly, at Johnny V’s in San José. They never fail to have good headliners at that party, the cover is cheap, and it’s accessible to public transportation.

Second is Kit Kat at The End Up. I still have four passes that will get people in before 1 am. They must be used before August 8, so there’s still about a month to use them. Unfortunately, my car doesn’t work at the moment, so it’s all a matter of finding a ride or riding the bus home.

Either way, this Thursday, I’ll probably either go to Velvet Shop or stay home.

Friday night (July 9):
On Fridays, Remedy at DNA Lounge is always a safe bet. I’ve had some of my best nights out in San Francisco at that particular party. This weekend features Roy Davis Jr. with vocalist Terry Dexter along with residents Julius Papp and Trevor Mijares. This is going to be a special event, so I am given to assume that VIP cards will get people in at a price reduction.

Also, my friend, DJ Adnan is involved in Function at Club Six. This party goes until 4am, costs $10, and features special guests “Evil” Eddie Richards (UK), Jay Tripwire (Vancouver), and residents in the upstairs lounge. This should be an amazing party as well.

Saturday night (July 10):
I doubt that I’ll go out on Saturday night, but if I do…
Loveworks at 111 Minna features Solar of Pacific Sound and residents Matt Valenz and David Harness. 111 is a nice space with lots of attractive people and a nice hardwood dancefloor. The cover is $5 before 10, $10 after, and the party runs from 8pm - 2am.

Sunday (July 11):
If I had thought about it a couple of weeks ago, I’d have bought my tickets online for $15. But, since I didn’t, the cheapest I can get them now is $20 ($30 at the door). That said, those prices are well worth the price for one of the best parties in the Bay Area. I am referring, of course, to 2nd Sunday at Kelly’s Mission Rock. Located in a beautiful venue right on the edge of San Francisco Bay, this party attracts hordes of beautiful people for an afternoon of fun in the sun. Jenö, Julius Papp, M3, Sen-Sei & David Coleman, Behrouz, Norm Stradley, Ean Golden, Ben Doren, and others headline this mind-blower. It’ll go from noon until 10pm on Sunday. Last month’s party was absolutely earth-shattering.

So, where are you gonna be?